Updated 29th of January 2020
Added new articles about how Webflow is trying to reinvent web design and how the company overcame near bankruptcy.
Updated 10th of March 2020
Made it easier to compare Webflow with Squarespace and Weebly.
Pros and Cons:
- Free version available.
- Sell via Instagram and sync with Facebook.
- Comprehensive self-help support through Webflow University, online videos, tutorials, and courses.
- Wide range of responsive, highly-customizable templates.
- If you cancel your subscription, you'll be downgraded to the free plan but you won't lose your content.
- Easy collaboration with team members.
- Can handle high volumes of traffic.
- Free version is limited to only 2 websites that will not go live until you upgrade to a paid plan.
- Not suitable for beginners.
- Limited free templates are available.
- No 24/7 support.
- Community forum, but no live chat or phone support.
- Priority support is available only to upper-tier users.
- No refunds.
- A very costly option, especially for team plans.
Webflow is a highly customizable website builder with many options for users with online stores, blogs, and portfolios. However, despite a wide range of online support resources like videos and tutorials, there remains a steep learning curve for beginners. Unless you have hours to get used to the editing tool, Webflow is better suited to more experienced users.
Webflow offers highly customizable wireframe templates and great eCommerce features like Instagram shopping and syncing products with Facebook. It allows you to collaborate with other users and receive millions of page views each day without any hassles.
- Webflow's free version only allows you to build your website, but it will not go live until you upgrade to one of their paid plans.
- There are only around 40 free templates and no refunds if you decide to cancel your subscription.
- Certain features remain locked until you get a paid subscription.
- The website builder has a powerful editing tool, but it can take a long time for a beginner to find their feet.
Most customers seem pleased with Webflow's services and great customization options, but the steep price is a dealbreaker for others. There are many website builders like Wix and Weebly, that will launch your website without forcing you to upgrade to a paid plan.
At a Glance:
Free version available
Customizable, responsive templates
Phone and live chat support channels
Collaborate easily with team members
Discount for annual payments
Save over 30%.
Suitable for beginners
Free plan (unhosted sites)
Lite (for individuals)
Pro (for individuals)
Team (for teams)
$42.00 /per user
$420.00 /per user
Enterprise (for teams of 25 or more)
Webflow Ecommerce Standard vs. Squarespace Business vs. Weebly Professional:
Webflow's Ecommerce Standard Plan seems overpriced compared to Squarespace's Business Plan and Weebly's Professional Plan. With Webflow, you pay more, have limited storage space, and have no 24/7 support. Squarespace and Weebly's entry-level business plans are more value for money than Webflow's.
Webflow Ecommerce Standard vs. Squarespace Business vs. Weebly Professional Comparison:
Webflow Ecommerce Standard
Sell via Instagram
Discount for annual payments
Webflow Ecommerce Plus vs. Squarespace Basic Commerce vs. Weebly Performance:
Webflow Ecommerce Plus is overpriced compared to the equivalent packages from our top brands, Squarespace and Weebly. It claims to cater to high-volume businesses that need additional features, but the basics like gift cards and abandoned cart emails are missing from Webflow Ecommerce Plus. You will need integrations to use these features.
Webflow Ecommerce Plus vs. Squarespace Basic Commerce vs. Weebly Performance Comparison:
Webflow Ecommerce Plus
Squarespace Basic Commerce
Discounts for paying annually
Abandoned Cart Emails
News & Activity:
News or Activity
September 17, 2021
Jan 01, 2012
398 11th St, 2nd Fl., San Francisco, CA, 94103
Number of Employees
Number of Customers
How expensive is Webflow?
How do I get Webflow for free?
You can register for the Individual Free plan that is completely free.
What is Webflow used for?
What is Webflow built on?
Does Webflow use Bootstrap?
No. Webflow has its own grid and layout system that is similar to Bootstrap.
What features does Webflow have?
- Backups & versioning.
- Advanced SEO controls.
- Password protection.
- Webflow hosting.
- Immediate scaling.
- Form submissions.
- Form file upload.
Is Webflow safe to use?
Yes. Webflow is a highly secure platform that has ISO 27018 compliance to protect you and your customers’ personal information.
Is there a Webflow free trial?
No, but there is a free version available.
Are there Webflow templates for e-commerce stores?
Webflow has a wide variety of e-commerce templates for online stores. A Webflow e-commerce site makes it easy to sell goods online.