Updated 18th of February 2020
We compared FluentStream to top competitors Sangoma and DialpadTalk, changed pricing to be more accurate, and added new information about FluentStream's business solutions.
Pros and Cons:
- Feature-rich plans.
- 24/7 support.
- Mobile app.
- Wide selection of business solutions on offer.
- Limited plans available.
- Initial learning curve when setting up the system.
- Online portal's interface needs improvement.
FluentStream is an effective platform to streamline business communication processes, equipped with standard features like call forwarding, queuing, recording, and routing, among others.
With FluentStream, users can effortlessly manage and track their business's communication platforms with the help of their powerful voice, video, text, and analytics services. Compared to competitors like DialpadTalk and Sangoma, FluentStream offers much more cost-effective packages, starting at just $5.00 per month, per user. However, unlike its competitors, FluentStream's cheapest plans are quite limited, only offering basic features.
- Provides advanced features like video and audio conferencing, HD VoIP calling, Live Manager, CRM integration, and auto attendant.
- Powerful mobile app for businesses on the go.
- Lower-tiered plans are extremely affordable, starting at just $5.00 per month, per user. This makes it ideal for solo entrepreneurs or startups.
- Excellent call quality and call recording capabilities.
- FluentStream created five business solutions strategically designed for legal and insurance offices, healthcare facilities, schools, and contact centers.
- FluentStream's most sort-after features are only available on their most expensive plans.
- Their Advanced and Complete plan works on a quote system.
- Their online portal may be convenient but we found several customer complaints about the poor interface.
FluentStream customers are generally happy with the quality of the services and features. However, we did find reviews that speak about the initial setup process. Customers claim the process may be hard to understand at first, as their is a lack of adequate learning material.
FluentStream vs. DialpadTalk:
DialpadTalk's prices start at $20.00 per month for services like call forwarding, auto attendant, business SMS, and much more. FluentStream is the more affordable option, starting at just $5.00 per month for features like caller ID, edit history, administrative web portal, and holiday scheduling.
FluentStream vs. DialpadTalk Comparison:
Unlimited calling within the U.S. and Canada
FluentStream vs. Sangoma:
For $12.99 per month, Sangoma offers features like call forwarding, voicemail, call logs, and caller ID. FluentStream provides similar features for between $5.00 and $20.00 per month. Features include auto attendant, call parking, and call queuing.
FluentStream vs. Sangoma Comparison:
Unlimited calling within the U.S. and Canada
FluentStream Business Phone System:
FluentStream offers one complete business communications suite that includes features like cloud calling, conferencing, analytics, and system administration, among others. FluentStream lets you choose the licenses you need and then creates a personalized communications package for your business.
FluentStream's business phone system plan comes in five variations: Virtual, Basic, Essential, Advanced, and Complete. Plans include HD VoIP calling, voice and video conferencing, internet fax, and unlimited SMS messaging.
- The Virtual plan is best for field service, as users receive a virtual number forwarded to their mobile device. The plan's top features include call forwarding and dedicated extension.
- The Basic plan was created for conference rooms, offering specific features that help enhance conferencing calls and meetings. Top features include paging and intercom capabilities.
- The Essential plan features services that help with every day office tasks. Ideal for small businesses, the Essential plan's top features include call parking, a web phone, call groups, and an admin portal.
- The Advanced plan was built for medium-sized businesses and includes features like call recording, auto attendant, meetings, business SMS, and a mobile app.
- The Complete plan offers top-of-the-line features and is ideal for sales and support teams like call centers. Features include call queuing and statistics, Live Manager, and CRM integrations.
The pricing for each option can be found above.
The cloud calling feature is a Chrome extension that seamlessly integrates with your dedicated FluentStream number to help increase call volume and optimize efficiency. Available in the Virtual, Basic, Essential, Advanced, and Complete options.
- Local and toll free numbers.
- Call forwarding.
- Call park.
- Call transferring.
- Voicemail transcription.
- Internet fax.
- International calling.
FluentStream's system administration feature is called Live Manager, a phone system management solution that lets you monitor and transfer calls with a simple and easy to use interface. Available in the Virtual, Basic, Essential, Advanced, and Complete options.
- Auto attendant.
- Automatic call recording.
- Call queuing.
- Holiday scheduling.
- Caller ID.
- Edit history.
- Administrative web portal.
This feature is only available in Advanced and Complete, and offers detailed reports on information like interaction history, response times, and individual stats.
- Queue statistics.
- Dashboard reporting.
- Scheduled reports.
- Interaction detail record.
- Call detail record.
FluentStream offers an audio and video conferencing solution that's available in Advanced and Complete. The solution allows you to host face-to-face meetings, manage your conference rooms in real-time, share computer screens, and provides you with one designated phone number so you can access as many conference rooms as your business needs.
- Voice conference bridge.
- Screen sharing.
- Live conference bridge.
- Conference calling.
FluentStream's security feature include emergency routing, which kicks in if there is a server issue or if all the devices at a specific location are unavailable. With this feature, you will receive notifications if the servers are down and receive automatic alerts when emergency routing is on. In addition, emergency services will automatically be contacted in cases of emergency. This option is only available in Basic, Essential, Advanced, and Complete
For teams that are always on the go, FluentStream created a mobile app with all the features of your business phone system. With the app, you can send and receive voice calls, SMS, and manage your voicemail. The mobile app is only available in Essential, Advanced, and Complete. The mobile app is compatible with both Android and iOS devices.
FluentStream Business Solutions:
FluentStream created five different business solutions for contact centers, schools, healthcare institutions, insurance, and legal businesses.
FluentStream's Contact Center solution helps businesses better manage calls and higher ticket volumes, and reduces call hold times, while also safeguarding customer's satisfaction score. As the name states, this solution was specifically designed for contact centers and customer support departments.
With this solution, businesses enjoy features like call routing and queuing, call recording, call detail reports, and Live Manager, among others. FluentStream does not reveal pricing on their website. Interested customers are welcome to contact FluentStream for a quote.
FluentStream provides a simple to use phone system strategically created for schools, with features like advanced auto attendant, school closure notifications, E-911, overhead paging, and emergency routing.
FluentStream does not provide pricing on their website. Instead, customers are encouraged to request a quote. During this process, you will work directly with FluentStream's sales department to build a custom communications package followed by training for your entire team.
The healthcare solution is a cloud-based communications suite that allows you to provide a better quality of care, reduce overhead costs, and is fully compliant across all products and features. Users will enjoy a host of standard and advanced features, including call recording, call detail reports, internet fax, automated SMS, and video conferencing.
- Assisted living centers.
- Dentist offices.
- Emergency medical services (EMS).
- Nursing home facilities.
- Outpatient clinics.
- Private healthcare practices.
- Physical therapy centers.
- Surgical centers.
FluentStream's insurance solution is cloud-hosted and comes equipped with features like call forwarding, webphone, internet fax, conferencing, CRM integration, and managed routes, among others. The solution was built to increase productivity by automating simple administrative tasks. You can request a quote if you're interested in the insurance solution.
FluentStream's legal solution was created to help law offices better manage, track, and document all important information and communications. This is a comprehensive end-to-end phone system capable of tracking and recording calls, and is packed with features like internet fax, call routing, video conferencing, auto attendant, and much more.
Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
FluentStream Technologies, LLC
Jan 01, 2007
2260 N Broadway, Denver, CO 80205
Number of Employees
Number of Customers
What is FluentStream?
FluentStream is a provider of phone systems and services, in addition to business PBX configuration and deployment, advanced network architecture design, VoIP monitoring, and business application integration.
What is FluentStream's price range?
Is there a free trial for FluentStream?
Yes, Fluentstream offers a free 30-day trial.
What is FluentStream's phone number?
FluentStream's phone number is 1 (303) 462-5683.