Seattle payroll companies offer local small businesses a way to focus on what they do best and let professionals handle payroll. Use our list to find the best payroll services near you.
Top Seattle Payroll Services:
Penny Smart Girl, LLC
Sound Northwest Tax Services
Akopyan & Company, CPA
1st Accounting and Tax Services, LLC
Caro & Associates
Butzerin Tax & Accounting
Alan K. Williamson CPA
Goodsell & Associates Inc.
What are the best small business payroll services in Seattle?
- Goodsell & Associates Inc.
- 1st Accounting and Tax Services, LLC.
- Caro & Associates.
- Penny Smart Girl, LLC.
- Williams+Callan, PLLC.
- Sound Northwest Tax Services.
- Butzerin Tax & Accounting.
What do payroll processing services in Seattle cost?
Seattle's payroll services generally cost between $19.00 and $200.00 per month, depending on taxes, how often you run payroll, and the number of employees, among other factors.
What should I know about doing payroll in Seattle?
- Employers are responsible for paying Seattle's Business and Occupation (B&O) tax as well as state and federal tax.
- Seattle businesses with $20 million or more in taxable gross income are required to pay an Employee Head Tax of $275.00 per employee. This tax will apply to businesses with employees working in the city and earning more than $150,000 per year.
- Employers in Seattle are required to withhold paid unemployment insurance.
- Seattle employers must abide by federal overtime requirements, which stipulate that workers must be paid 1.5 times their regular rate for hours worked over 40 per week.
- The Wage Theft Prevention Act in Seattle mandates that businesses provide employees with detailed information about their compensation and benefits.
- Employers are required to offer paid sick leave and safe time to their employees in accordance with the Seattle Paid Sick and Safe Time (PSST) Ordinance.