Updated 8th of January 2020
Added a list of pros and cons to using an ATS in New Zealand, plus more information about Betterteam.
Applicant tracking systems, or ATS, are used by New Zealand employers to manage their recruiting and hiring needs by tracking and sorting resumes and automatically highlighting top candidates. ATS software can be accessed online with paid and free versions available. There are some great Kiwi startups that have released ATS software.
Why We Chose Betterteam:
Betterteam is a great ATS platform that helps users to post jobs, gather resumes, and track applicants throughout the hiring process. With Betterteam, users can post jobs for free to over 100 job boards with one submission.
Users can view candidates' profiles and rate, categorize, and communicate with candidates throughout the hiring process. Betterteam also provides access to a vast directory of human resource articles, tips, and advice, as well as a wide array of job description templates and example interview questions.
Betterteam is cost-effective with a range of plans to suit your job posting needs. They charge a flat monthly rate, ranging from $9.50 to $52.50, depending on the number of jobs you want to post.
Things to Consider When Evaluating an ATS in New Zealand:
- Some NZ software can be difficult to access and may be linked to other sites that users will have to go through to access the ATS platform, so look for stand-alone ATS software.
- As NZ's employment laws and regulations are currently undergoing many changes (such as changes to leave times and the Domestic Violence Act), employers will need ATS software that is flexible and can adapt to the changing legal landscape.
- It might be beneficial to use a platform that only provides employers with the initials of the candidates, so as to avoid unconscious bias caused by knowing the surname of a particular candidate.
Best Applicant Tracking Systems for New Zealand:
An intuitive interface that is mobile friendly and easy to use.
A cloud-based, feature-rich solution with great training tools and customer support.
Uses data science and customized quizzes to screen candidates for soft skills. It helps to determine if the candidate will fit in with the company culture.
Offers easy-to-use cloud-based workforce management, HR, and payroll software, all on one platform.
$99.00 /job /mo.
A stand-alone ATS software that is well-organized and offers good email and interview templates. Used world-wide.
An all-in-one recruitment platform that is simple and easy-to-use with great customer support.
$6.19 /employee /mo.
An intuitive, easy-to-use HR software that also offers hiring, tracking, and onboarding tools.
A great software solution with strong customer support and valuable, useful features that are easy to use and navigate. Best suited for small businesses.
Pros and Cons:
- Attract applicants from towns and cities across New Zealand.
- Organize and screen candidates as applications come in.
- Free options are very limited.
- Some platforms charge users in US dollars.
We compared 46 of the most popular Applicant Tracking Systems to help you find the best for your business. Prices and ranking updated as of Feb. 2020.
Jul 8, 2020
What is an ATS?
An applicant tracking system, or ATS, is software that helps employers with managing their recruiting and hiring needs by tracking and sorting resumes and automatically highlighting top candidates. ATS is a fairly new software in New Zealand, making its appearance in the early 2010s.
What are the best applicant tracking systems for New Zealand?
How much is a New Zealand applicant tracking system?
Most ATS software provides tailored pricing depending on the number of employees you have or the number of jobs you post. Other software provides pricing ranging from $3.00 per employee per month to $150.00 per month.