Proton is free, so there is no pricing information to report. However, you can contact Proton directly if you would like more information about their Enterprise solutions.
Pros: Encrypted email for maximum security.
Cons: Security makes accounts difficult to recover if you forget your password.
Bottomline: Proton is one of the best free email platforms that you can use if the security of your communications is a priority.
Proton Technologies AG
Jan 01, 2014
Chemin du Pré-Fleuri, 3 CH-1228 Plan-les-Ouates, Genève, Switzerland
Number of Employees
Number of Customers
What is Proton used for?
Is Proton free?
Yes, Proton is a free service.
Is Proton safe?
Proton has a number of measures to ensure safety. These include two-factor authentication, a two password mode, and end-to-end encryption. However, since Proton is based in Switzerland, the U.S. government could have a harder time serving legal requests.
Is Proton encrypted?
Yes. Proton offers end-to-end encryption. However, this encryption only works when both parties are using Proton.
Does Proton delete emails?
Yes. Proton allows for self-destructing emails, but it can't delete emails from non-Proton inboxes.
Does Proton have a calendar?
No, Proton does not have a calendar feature.
What is ProtonMail Plus?
ProtonMail Plus is a paid version of Proton with additional features, including:
- Custom domains.
- Users within your domain.
- Increased storage.
- Additional addresses.
- Higher sending limits.
- An autoresponder.
- Unlimited labels to facilitate improved organization.
- Premium support.
How do I recover my Proton?
- Select the “Need help” button. If you are a two-password mode user resetting your Mailbox password, select “forgot password?” on the Decrypt Mailbox page.
- Select the “Reset password” button. (Skip this step if you are resetting your Mailbox password).
- On the reset password page, enter your username and recovery email and select “Reset password."
- Click “Confirm.”
- Check the inbox of your recovery email for the reset code. If it's not there, check your spam folder.
- Enter the code and click on “Reset password."
- Enter your new password twice and select “Reset password."