ProtonMail is an encrypted free professional email service. With ProtonMail, businesses can send, receive, and store emails securely in the cloud.
ProtonMail is free, so there is no pricing information to report. However, you can contact ProtonMail directly if you would like more information about their Enterprise solutions.
Pros: Encrypted email for maximum security.
Cons: Security makes accounts difficult to recover if you forget your password.
Bottomline: ProtonMail is one of the best free email platforms that you can use if the security of your communications is a priority.
Number of Employees
Chemin du Pré-Fleuri, 3 CH-1228 Plan-les-Ouates, Genève, Switzerland
+41 22 548 35 51
News & Activity:
News or Activity
January 8, 2019
December 20, 2018
November 20, 2018
July 26, 2018
What is ProtonMail used for?
Is ProtonMail free?
Yes, ProtonMail is a free service.
Is ProtonMail safe?
ProtonMail has a number of measures to ensure safety. These include two-factor authentication, a two password mode, and end-to-end encryption. However, since ProtonMail is based in Switzerland, the US government could have a harder time serving legal requests.
Is ProtonMail encrypted?
Yes. ProtonMail offers end-to-end encryption. However, this encryption only works when both parties are using ProtonMail.
What is ProtonMail CH?
ProtonMail has two domains; protonmail.com and protonmail.ch. Despite that ProtonMail complies with all US data encryption laws, there is a possibility that the US government could seize the domain name directly by bypassing Switzerland's legal system. As a measure to ensure your data security should this happen, your email can be accessed on the alternate domain, protonmail.ch.
Does ProtonMail delete emails?
Yes. ProtonMail allows for self-destructing emails, but it can't delete emails from non-ProtonMail inboxes.
Does ProtonMail have a calendar?
No, ProtonMail does not have a calendar feature.
What is ProtonMail Plus?
ProtonMail Plus is a paid version of ProtonMail with additional features, including
- Custom domains.
- Users within your domain.
- Increased storage.
- Additional addresses.
- Higher sending limits.
- An autoresponder.
- Unlimited labels to facilitate improved organization.
- Premium support.
How do I recover my ProtonMail?
- Select the “Need help” button. If you are a two-password mode user resetting your Mailbox password, select “forgot password?” on the Decrypt Mailbox page.
- Select the “Reset password” button. (Skip this step if you are resetting your Mailbox password).
- On the reset password page, enter your username and recovery email and select “Reset password."
- Click “Confirm.”
- Check the inbox of your recovery email for the reset code. If it's not there, check your spam folder.
- Enter the code and click on “Reset password."
- Enter your new password twice and select “Reset password."