Updated 15th of January 2020
We did a review of services offered.
Press releases are an essential form of communication that creates exposure for your brand and draws interest to your products and services. Below, we have rounded up 13 free press release distribution services for you to consider.
Why We Chose PRLog:
PRLog is a reliable, fast, and easy-to-use distribution service. With PRLog, you can add a company logo and links in the body of your press release. Your release will be sent to numerous search engines and RSS feeds, and hosted on the PRLog site.
PRLog also offers basic analytics allowing you to see how many hits your press release has received, as well as a daily activity chart. Other features include social media sharing, widgets, and posting.
Things to Consider When Evaluating Free Press Release Distribution Services:
- Consider who your target audience is and what kind of coverage you are hoping to achieve.
- Think about which services will get your message out to your target audience. Moreover, do they provide reporting features to measure the success of your campaign?
- Keep in mind that free plans often limit users to 1-2 press releases per day or month and do not ensure submission to top news agencies, therefore you might need to purchase a subscription.
Best Free Press Release Distribution Services:
Distributes press releases to a wide range of outlets. Includes instant approval but there is a limit of two releases per day.
Drives traffic to your company site by sending press releases to a range of outlets and platforms. However, the free plan includes 3rd-party ads.
A reliable service. On the free plan, press releases are submitted to search engines, news sites, and RSS feeds.
A reputable service that offers a free plan and several media visibility packages to suit your business needs.
Distributes press releases to search engines, news agencies, and social media platforms. However, there is no next-day option on the free plan.
The free plan allows you to send out press releases with embedded live URL links. Also offers spam protection.
Allows you to send one free press release to top media outlets and search engines. Press release writing, drafting, and syndication services are also offered.
Selected press releases are submitted to search engines free of charge. If you want guaranteed approval, you will need to pay a small fee for each release.
Fast and easy-to-use press release distribution service that allows you to send one free release per month. Paid plans are available.
Only your first press release is free. Releases are syndicated across 150 media platforms.
Great service for Mac and iOS users. Reach a wide range of journalists, bloggers, social media platforms, and news agencies.
Submit one free press release per day to news and media agencies.
Distribute your news to multiple outlets and professionals. Also offers SEO optimization.
Pros and Cons:
- Distribution services can help you reach a wide audience.
- You may be able to attract new customers and increase revenue.
- It's not guaranteed that media outlets will publish your release.
- Free plans usually have a limit of one press release per day or month.
How do I distribute a press release for free?
- Write your own press release or outsource the task to a PR distribution service.
- Sign up to one of the free press release distribution services above and submit your press release to them.
- Your service provider will distribute the press release to news agencies, journalists, search engines, or other relevant targets.
What are the best free press release distribution services?
Will a free press release reach a wide enough audience?
A free press release plan will most likely have limitations, but your press release can still reach a wide audience, depending on the service that you use.
What is the difference between free and paid press release distribution services?
Some freemium plans only allow you to send one press release at a time, while paid plans allow you to send multiple press releases, and offer additional benefits such as search-optimized photos and same-day distribution.