SmartViewer by Hanwha Techwin America is business security camera software. This product has an intuitive and simple user interface to monitor live feeds and recorded videos—either directly from cameras, or NVR and DVR devices.
Hanwha does not provide pricing information for SmartViewer on their website.
While the information on Hanwha's site indicates SmartViewer is a product with rich functionality, the company seems to be moving customers away from this product and toward their new Wisenet Viewer software, which is NDAA compliant whereas SmartViewer is not. There is also a lack of independent customer reviews for this product.
- SmartViewer is backed by a well-established company.
- The software is capable of monitoring up to 36 cameras on a single monitor, but also offers dual monitor support.
- The software supports up to 16 DVR devices.
- Camera feeds can be monitored in full-screen mode.
- There is a drag-and-drop mode for camera selection.
- The system can playback up to 16 videos simultaneously.
- Users can search for and play recorded data from DVR and NVR.
- Users can save their SmartViewer configuration as a file.
- Users can perform remote updates through the update server.
- The software supports 24 languages.
- Hanwha seems to be moving customers toward their new Wisenet software and away from SmartViewer.
- SmartViewer is not NDAA (National Defense Authorization Act) compliant.
- Pricing is not provided on the website.
We were unable to find independent customer reviews of SmartViewer at the time. However, Hanwha Techwin America has been reviewed by Better Business Bureau.
While it is not BBB accredited, it has received an F rating, with nine customer complaints in the last three years. The complaints focus on faulty security systems, poor repairs and lack of replacements, and poor customer service.
Multiple camera monitoring
Dual monitor support
Real-time event list
SmartViewer vs. Genius Vision NVR:
Genius Vision NVR features multiple camera monitoring, similar to SmartViewer, but also features full remote control, software motion detection, and mobile apps. SmartViewer does not list these features on the website. SmartViewer also does not list its pricing, whereas Genius Vision NVR's pricing starts from $50.00.
SmartViewer vs. ContaCam:
Whereas SmartViewer does not provide pricing, ContaCam is a free security camera software option (aside from a requested $10.00 donation). Both software options are supported by the Windows operating system, but ContaCam focuses on webcams and IP cameras. SmartViewer, by contrast, supports DVR, NVR, and security cameras.
SmartViewer vs. iSpy Connect:
iSpy Connect offers both free and paid software solutions, which support existing webcams, IP cameras, and microphones — as many as the user wants. By contrast, SmartViewer does not provide pricing and is limited to viewing up to 36 cameras on one monitor. It can also support up to 16 DVR devices but lacks sound detection.
Hanwha Techwin America
Jan 01, 2015
500 Frank W. Burr Blvd., Ste. 43, Teaneck, NJ 07666
Number of Employees
Number of Customers
News & Activity:
News or Activity
April 12, 2022
March 24, 2022
October 4, 2021
September 26, 2021
September 16, 2021
April 8, 2021
What is SmartViewer?
SmartViewer is business security camera software made by Hanwha Techwin America. The software allows you to control Hanwha Techwin's network products from a remote PC. With SmartViewer, you can monitor live feeds, recorded video, and access Hanwha Techwin products anywhere around the world using the network.
Is there a SmartViewer free trial?
Hanwha makes no mention of a free trial on their website.
Where is SmartViewer located?
SmartViewer's headquarters is based in Teaneck, NJ.