Moodle is a free learning management software created for users in corporate and academic industries. With Moodle, course administrators can easily extend users' education beyond the classroom or office. Key features include bulk course creation, collaborative tools, and detailed reporting.
Moodle offers four plans, which include two free plans. In addition, they do offer plans that start at $80.00. However, Moodle does not reveal full pricing on their website. For more pricing information, users can go to moodle.com and click 'Pricing' in the main homepage menu.
Pros: Cost-effective, simple, and easy to set up. Features include bulk course development and easy backup.
Cons: Users have noted that the software has a steep learning curve.
Bottomline: Equipped with handy tools and a user-friendly UI. There is a small learning curve but there are lots of training resources available.
Aug 20, 2002
Level 2, 1 Ord St, West Perth 6005 Australia
Number of Employees
Number of Customers
News & Activity:
News or Activity
December 7, 2018
December 3, 2018
November 23, 2018
November 20, 2018
October 30, 2018
July 27, 2018
July 25, 2018
July 6, 2018
June 25, 2018
What is Moodle learning management system?
Moodle is a free, open source learning management software for corporate and academic industries. Moodle features include collaborative tools, bulk course creation, and detailed reporting, among others.
Is Moodle a good LMS?
Yes. Moodle continues to the most popular earning management system in the market, with over 100 million users and over 100,000 Moodle sites deployed worldwide. The user-friendly eLearning platform is used by institutions in more than 225 countries worldwide.
How is Moodle used in education?
- Designed to support both teaching and learning.
- Easy to learn and use.
- Free with no licensing fees.
- Open-source and up to date.
- Works in more than 120 languages.
- All-in-one blended learning platform.
- Highly flexible and fully customizable.
- Available any time, anywhere, on any device.
Is Moodle free for teachers?
Moodle does not disclose its pricing information. However, Moodle is free for up to 50 users.
Does Moodle cost money?
Moodle has both free and paid options. They have four plans. Two of those plans are free, while another starts at $80.00. Moodle does not reveal its full pricing on their website.
What are the features of Moodle?
- Bulk course creation and easy backup.
- Collaborative tools and activities.
- Customizable site design and layout.
- Detailed reporting and logs.
- Multilingual capability.
- Multimedia integration.
- Multiple progress tracking options.
How do I hide a course in Moodle?
- Go to Site Administration > Front page > Front Page Settings.
- Go to "Front page" and "Front page items when logged in".
- Remove “List of courses” from the dropdown menu by choosing the option “None.”