Moodle is a free learning management software created for users in corporate and academic industries. With Moodle, course administrators can easily extend users' education beyond the classroom or office. Key features include bulk course creation, collaborative tools, and detailed reporting.
Moodle offers four plans, which include two free plans. In addition, they do offer plans that start at $80.00. However, Moodle does not reveal full pricing on their website. For more pricing information, users can go to moodle.com and click 'Pricing' in the main homepage menu.
Pros: Cost-effective, simple, and easy to set up. Features include bulk course development and easy backup.
Cons: Users have noted that the software has a steep learning curve.
Bottomline: Equipped with handy tools and a user-friendly UI. There is a small learning curve but there are lots of training resources available.
Aug 20, 2002
Level 2, 1 Ord St, West Perth 6005 Australia
Number of Employees
Number of Customers
What is Moodle learning management system?
Moodle is a free, open source learning management software for corporate and academic industries. Moodle features include collaborative tools, bulk course creation, and detailed reporting, among others.
Is Moodle a good LMS?
Yes. Moodle continues to the most popular earning management system in the market, with over 100 million users and over 100,000 Moodle sites deployed worldwide. The user-friendly eLearning platform is used by institutions in more than 225 countries worldwide.
How is Moodle used in education?
- Designed to support both teaching and learning.
- Easy to learn and use.
- Free with no licensing fees.
- Open-source and up to date.
- Works in more than 120 languages.
- All-in-one blended learning platform.
- Highly flexible and fully customizable.
- Available any time, anywhere, on any device.
Is Moodle free for teachers?
Moodle offers a free self-host version of their software for teachers. Cloud-hosted plans start at $113.00 per month.
Does Moodle cost money?
Moodle has both free and paid plans. Self-hosting is free and they offer five cloud-hosted plans with pricing that starts at $113.00 per month.
What are the features of Moodle?
- Bulk course creation and easy backup.
- Collaborative tools and activities.
- Customizable site design and layout.
- Detailed reporting and logs.
- Multilingual capability.
- Multimedia integration.
- Multiple progress tracking options.
How do I hide a course in Moodle?
- Go to Site Administration > Front page > Front Page Settings.
- Go to "Front page" and "Front page items when logged in".
- Remove “List of courses” from the dropdown menu by choosing the option “None.”
Is there a Moodle free trial?
Yes, Moodel offers a free trial on their cloud-hosted plans