$10.00 /mo. + $5.00 /shared GB.
Ollo™ Unlimited Pro
Additional Voice Package:
Number of Minutes (Calls)
1 - 100
101 - 500
501 - 1,000
1,001 - 2,100
$35.00 + $1.90 per added minute
Additional SMS Package:
Number of Texts
1 - 100
101 - 1,000
1,001 - 2,000
2,001 - 4,800
$11.00 + $0.25 per added text
Additional Data Package:
1 - 100 MB
101 - 500 MB
501 MB - 1 GB
1.1 - 2 GB
$20.00 + $10.00 per added GB
International Roaming Features:
Minimum of $0.30 per minute, depending on the country.
International SMS - Inbound
International SMS - Outbound
$0.12 per message, depending on the location.
Minimum of $0.25 per MB, depending on the country.
Pros: Offers good benefits at low monthly costs with no contracts. Coverage is available over two nationwide networks.
Cons: International coverage is available in fewer countries than with competitor's international plans. Phones and data costs can be expensive.
Bottomline: Ting is an easy-to-use network with no hidden fees, device flexibility, low costs for international roaming.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Number of Employees
96 Mowat Ave., Toronto, ON M6K 3M1 Canada
1 (855) 846-4389
Is Ting reliable?
Ting offers coverage across the T-Mobile network as well as international roaming. You will need to check if your area is covered by T-Mobile before signing on to Ting but, if covered, you will benefit from some of the same offers as a larger carrier.
Who owns Ting?
Ting was founded in 2012 by Scott Swedorski and is a subsidiary of DISH Wireless.
What network does Ting use?
Ting offers coverage across the T-Mobile network.
Is Ting free?
No. Unlike some phone plans, Ting only charges for what you use. Typically, Ting users pay on average $23.00 a month per phone, on top of the base price.
Which phones work on Ting?
Ting can use CDMA and GSM phones and tablets. T-Mobile-branded phones work best with Ting, but you can use Ting's phone compatibility checker to see if your phone will be compatible with Ting.
Does Ting have unlimited data?
No. Ting users will be billed according to what they use. High data usage can result in quite high monthly bills.
Does Ting work with an iPhone?
Any T-Mobile iPhone and unlocked Apple iPhone will work with Ting. There are some models of the iPhone that do not work with Ting's GSM network, so before switching to Ting or buying a new iPhone, use Ting's phone compatibility checker.
How much is Ting?
Ting's phone plans have a base price of $6 per line and you pay separately for minutes, texts, and data.
Does Ting use Verizon's towers?
No. Ting uses T-Mobile's GSM service network.
Can you use Ting in Canada?
Yes. Ting's rates are $0.30 /min for voice calls, $0.12 /text message sent, free text messages received, and $0.20 /MB of data usage.
What is Ting Internet?
Ting Internet is a gigabit fiber network for home and business use. To read about Ting internet networks available in your town, go to Ting's website.
How do I activate my Ting phone?
- Go to Ting.com and click Activate.
- Sign in to your Ting account.
- If you see the phone or GSM SIM you are activating, click Select. If not, click Select under Bring Your Own Device and enter your phone's IMEI.
- If asked, enter your SIM card number (found on your card) then click Continue.
- Click Select under Use An Existing Ting Number, find your number, then click Next Step.
- Confirm or edit your billing information, then click Continue.
- Confirm your details, read and agree to the Terms of Service, and click Continue.
- Follow the next steps to finish your activation, make a test call, and click on It Worked!
- Once your number transfer is completed, you will receive an email from Ting with the next steps.
Does Ting support Apple Watch?
As yet Ting does not support Apple watches.
How many customers does Ting have?
Ting has approximately 286,000 subscribers.
Does Ting allow tethering?
Yes. You can enable tethering on your phone and any data used will count towards your monthly bill. Tethering with Ting is not an option when roaming domestically and sometimes when roaming internationally.
Is Ting prepaid?
No, Ting is post-paid. You pay for what you use.
How do I sign up for Ting?
- Go to Ting.com.
- Click BYOD, enter your phone's identification number, check the CAPTCHA box, and click Check to see if your phone is compatible with Ting's network. You will also see here which network your phone will work on.
- Choose which network you prefer and click either Get a SIM Card or Activate Now.
- If buying a SIM card, select your preferred card and create a Ting account.
- Once you receive your SIM card, go to Ting.com, click Activate to activate your account, and follow the steps.
- Once your account is activated, you will receive an email from Ting.
Is Ting international?
Ting supports international roaming in over 60 countries.
Is Ting available in my area?
Ting GSM services are available on a nation-wide 3G, HSPA, and LTE network.