The Brady BMP®71 Label Printer 115157 is a portable label printer with various design options, and prints on a variety of materials to create multi-line signs and labels.
Brady BMP®71 Label Printer Key Features:
Print and Color Capabilities
Thermal Transfer / Monochrome
Standalone and PC Connect
USB Port B
LabelMark® Software, Brady Workstation Apps
Power Supply Options
NiMH Battery, AC Adapter
9.5 in x 13.0 in x 4.6 in
4.9 lbs (without tape, batteries)
LCD, Color, 3.5 in, QVGA
QWERTY, Number Keypad
Special Characters Quantity
Depends on Regional Keypad
Max Print Width
Font Types Available
(2) Brady Alpine, Brady Fixed Width
Font Size (pts)
4 thru 174, autosizing
Label Print Rotation
Yes, multiple and linked
Barcode Capabilities and Types
Code 39, Code 128 and more using Brady Workstation
Data Transfer from PC
Separate label roll and ribbon cartridge
Material Formats Supported
Continuous, die cut labels and custom
0.235 in to 2.00 in
Quantity of Label Parts Available
300+ label parts and customs
Label Retention Feature
US D635183, 8333524, 8328442, 7999836, 7893951, 6929415, 5951177, 5918989.
Brady BMP®71 Label Printer Review:
Pros: Fast printing, QWERTY keypad, 500+ symbols, prints up to 25 lines.
Cons: Only 2 font types available.
Bottomline: An easy-to-use and diverse label printer that creates all types of signs and labels.
Brady BMP®71 Label Printer Pricing:
The Brady BMP®71 Label Printer retails for $1,246.00.
The Brady BMP®71 Label Printer and Label Applications:
- Circuit board.
- General identification.
- Inspection repair.
- Pipe marker.
- Rating and name plates.
- Wire and cable.
Brady BMP®71 Label Printer Available Languages:
- English (US).
- French (France).
- Portuguese (Portugal).
- Spanish (Spain).
Brady BMP®71 Label Printer Overview:
- The BMP®71 Printer is our most versatile labeler for on-the-job printing. It prints on over 1000 label parts, and has a convenient handle and rechargeable battery.
- Desktop and portable sign and label printer for creating multi-line signs and labels to identify wires, circuit boards and other industrial items.
- Versatile labeler prints on more than 1,000 label parts, and has a convenient carrying handle.
- Easily import and export generated label files, lists and graphics to the printer through USB 2.0 port and a USB flash drive.
- Compatible with M71 Series label tape cartridges, fits BMP61, TLS 2200 and HandiMark cartridges with included roll adapter.
Brady BMP®71 Label Printer Types of Materials:
- Outdoor vinyl.
- Nylon cloth wire ID.
- Heat-shrink wire ID.
- Self-laminating wire ID.
- Removable cloth wire ID.
- Tedlar Wire ID.
- Datacomm cable tags (3).
- Standard Polyester (4).
- Aggressive adhesive polyester (2).
- Metalized Polyester (3).
- Non-adhesive tag.
- Polyimide/Electronics materials (6).
- Tamper resistant materials (6).
- Outdoor reflective.
- ToughStripe floor tape.
- ToughWash (2).
- Repositionable vinyl.
- Raised panel labels (engraved plate alternative).
Brady BMP®71 Label Printer Cartridge Series:
- M71 series.
- PTL series with adapter.
- Some BMP61 labels with adapter (TLS and BMP61 ribbons not compatible).
Brady BMP®71 Label Printer Box Includes:
- Charger/AC Adapter.
- (1) Roll of M71-31-423 White Die Cut Labels.
- (1) M71-R6000 Black Ribbon Cartridge.
- Media Adapter.
- Rechargeable Battery.
- USB Cable.
- Quickstart Guide.
- Drivers CD.
- Users Guide.
- 2-year Limited Warranty.
Brady BMP®71 Label Printer FAQs:
What type of material can the Brady BMP®71 Label Printer print on?
The Brady BMP®71 Label Printer prints on a variety of continuous, dye cut, and custom label materials, including outdoor vinyl and heat-shrink wire.
Where can I buy the Brady BMP®71 Label Printer?
You can buy the Brady BMP®71 Label Printer by clicking on the link above, or from sites like Megadepot and Amazon.
What are some Brady BMP®71 Label Printer alternatives?
- Brady BBP®33 Label Printer Kit for Slide Labels.
- Doran 63OPT23 Thermal Label Printer (Non Washdown) and Printer Cable.
- Brady BMP®21-LAB Portable Label Printer.
- Printek 93182 FieldPro 530 Label Printer w/o Battery.
- Printek 93184 FieldPro Label Printer w/o Battery.
Brady BMP®71 Label Printer Reviews:
We're using the Brady BMP71 which takes all kinds of labels. Windows only software (which is a pity, since all our engineers have Macbooks), but works like a charm! EUR999 per unit is quite expensive, but never had -any- issues with it
We have a Brady BMP71. It was here before I arrived, and this is the first printer I use. So I don’t know how it is compared to other printers. This Brady is saving me tons on time however compared to writing by hand. The software we use can import excel files. It has a keyboard if you want to type directly on the printer. You can buy different label sizes (we have 3 different, for either eppendorf, 15ml falcon, and 50ml falcon)
I picked up a Brady BMP71 last year, but haven't really liked it very well. The self-laminating labels (B-427's) don't stick to themselves very well and unwrap after a day or so.