The BMP 51 Label Maker is a label printer with a large display screen, built-in labeling apps, and other features that allow you to create labels without being connected to a computer.
Quick & easy label design.
Hassle-free printer cartridges.
Wireless printing capabilities.
Rugged industrial printer and materials.
1.18" per second (with AC adapter)
Print & Color Capabilities
Thermal Transfer / Monochrome
PC Compatibility or Stand Alone Operation
Stand alone & PC connect
USB/WiFi (field installable), LAN
LabelMark® Software, Brady Workstation Apps, Brady Mobile Apps with WiFi card
Power Supply Options
Li-Ion rechargeable battery, 8AA, AC adapter
6" x 10.3" x 3.6"
2.6 lbs (without tape and batteries)
- NOTICE: This part cannot ship via air or to Alaska/Hawaii
- You can carry the BMP 51 Label Printer throughout your facility to quickly and easily make labels on the go.
- Prints on a variety of continuous and die-cut materials up to 1.5 in. wide that come in hassle-free, top-loading media cartridges.
- Features a 300 dpi print head, a built-in cutter, and a print speed of 1 inch/second.
- Offers three power options: AC Power (included), rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery (included), or 8 AA's (not included).
- Discounted price already reflected. Discount based on buying kit items individually.
- Pair with the Brady Text Labels mobile app for compatibility with the Fluke Networks Linkware Live Solution.
Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery
Portable Accessory Type
AC Adapters, Batteries & Battery Chargers
BMP 51 Label Printer, BMP 53 Label Printer
- NOTICE: This part cannot ship via air or to Alaska/Hawaii.
- Package includes spare Printer Battery and AC Adapter only (printer sold separately)
- The AC adapter allows you to power your printer without the need for recharging or replacing used batteries.
- Power supply formatted for North America.
- Use AC adapter/charger unit (included) to charge battery.
13 lines x 36 characters
Max Print Width
Font Types Available
(2) Brady Alpine, Brady Fixed Width
Font Size (pts)
Custom, Auto, 4, 6, 7, 9, 10, 13, 14, 16, 20, 26, 28, 32, 38, 40, 42, 45, 51, 55, 60, 65, 70, 76, 102
Multi-line Label Capabilities
Label Print Rotation
Label Retention Feature
Maximum Labels per Day
Yes, multiple and linked
Barcode Capabilities & Types
Code 39, Code 128 and more using Brady Workstation
25,000 characters up to 48 MB
Data Transfer from PC to Printer
Cartridge (ribbon included)
Material Formats Supported
Continuous & die cut labels
Single Hand Manual Actuate, Straight Cut
0.25" to 1.5"
Quantity of Label Parts Available
200+ label parts
M-series (M-, MC-, MC1-)
Power Supply Voltage
110 to 240 V
US 6929415, 5951177, 591898
Pros: WiFi & Bluetooth enabled, easy cartridge changes, built-in cutter, QWERTY keypad, mobile app.
Cons: Only prints 500 labels at a time.
Bottomline: Great label printer with built-in label apps for designing labels fast and easily.
The Brady BMP 51 Label Printer Starter Kit retails for $669.99.
- Brady Kit with BMP 51 Label Printer and Li-Ion Battery.
- General Identification.
- Lean / 5S.
- Pipe Marker.
- English (US).
- French (France).
- Portuguese (Portugal).
- Spanish (Spain).
Types of Materials:
- Outdoor vinyl.
- Nylon cloth wire ID.
- Heat shrink wire ID.
- Self-laminating wire ID.
- Removable cloth wire ID.
- (3) Datacomm cable tags.
- Standard polyester.
- Aggressive adhesive polyester.
- Metalized polyester.
- Outdoor reflective
- A variety of durable indoor/outdoor vinyl tapes.
- Hard case, USB cable, AC power supply, AC Adapter/Battery Charger, Li-Ion Battery Pack
- 1.5" Yellow label roll with black ribbon (MC-1500-595-YL-BK).
- 1.5" White label roll with red ribbon (MC-1500-595-WT-RD).
- 1.5" Green label roll with white ribbon (MC-1500-595-GN-WT).
- 1.5" White label roll with black ribbon (MC-1500-595-WT-BK).
- 2" x 1" labels for low surface energy labeling (M-20-483 Label Cartridge).
- Quick Start Guide.
We use the Brady BMP51 for wire labels. A bit more expensive and less portable. I like the idea of a smaller label maker for when I'm running around doing panel terminations.
I've got this label printer, a Brady BMP51, that really lacks support for anything outside of windows. It's unfortunate because it does a good job but I don't want to dedicate a windows machine to it... so I'd like to write my own driver for basic printing needs.
I've used kroy 5100, Brady bmp21, Brady bmp51, brother pc-9700c, and rhino 6000. The best was the bmp51.
What type of materials can the Brady BMP 51 Label Printer print on?
The Brady BMP 51 Label Printer prints on continuous tapes and die-cut materials.
Where can I buy the Brady BMP 51 Label Printer Facility Identification Starter Kit?
You can buy the Brady BMP 51 Label Printer by clicking on the link in our article, or from sites like Megadepot and Amazon.
For more information, read our detailed guide.
What are some Brady BMP 51 Label Printer Facility Identification Starter Kit alternatives?
- Brady BBP 33 Label Printer Kit for Slide Labels.
- Doran 63OPT23 Thermal Label Printer (Non Washdown) and Printer Cable.
- Brady BMP 21-PLUS Portable Label Printer.
- Brady BMP 21-LAB Portable Label Printer.
- Printek 93182 FieldPro 530 Label Printer w/o Battery.
- Garvey G1812-0600 1 Small Body One Line Labeler 1812-6 Layout #1601.
See our complete guide.