The Brady BMP 21-PLUS Portable Label Printer is a hand-held label printer that creates multi-linel labels for the identification of wires, panels, and other industrial items.
Brady BMP®21-PLUS Portable Label Printer Key Features:
0.40" per second
Print & Color Capabilities
Thermal Transfer / Monochrome
Max Print Width
PC Compatibility or Stand Alone Operation
Power Supply Options
Li-Ion rechargeable battery, 6AA, AC adapter
2 years (batteries not included)
4.5" x 9.5" x 2.5"
1.04 lbs (without tape and batteries)
3 lines x 14 characters
Back Lit Screen
Font Types Available
(1) Brady Alpine
Font Sizes (pts)
Auto, 6, 9, 14, 20, 28, 40
Multi-line Label Capabilities
Label Print Rotation
Barcode Capabilities and Types
Code 39, Code 128
10 files up to 16 MB
Data Transfer from PC to Printer
Cartridge with included ribbon
Label Retention Feature
Material Formats Supported
Continuous labels only
0.25" to 0.75"
Quantity of Label Parts Available
70+ label parts
Single Hand Manual Actuate, Straight Cut
M21-series, IDPal and LabPal series
Power Supply Voltage
110 to 240 V
6.604.874, 6.732.619, US 8.322.936
Brady BMP 21-PLUS Portable Label Printer Review:
Pros: Durable, portable, no wastage, easy to use.
Cons: Depletes batteries fast, only prints 3 lines, one color only.
Bottomline: An affordable printer with various formats for printing durable labels.
Brady BMP 21-PLUS Portable Label Printer Pricing:
The Brady BMP 21-PLUS Portable Label Printer retails for $99.00.
Brady BMP 21-PLUS Portable Label Printer Overview:
- TOUGH on the outside, SMART on the inside. The super rugged, ultra-intelligent BMP®21-PLUS is an affordable label and wire printer designed for the tool box.
- This handheld label printer creates multi-line labels for clear identification of wires, panels, circuit boards and other industrial items.
- On-board keyboard contains letters A to Z and numbers 0 to 9, and backlit LCD graphics display for easier labeling even in low-lit areas.
- Prints in 6 different text sizes ranging from 6 point to 40 point in a single color.
- Compatible with Brady BMP21 Series printer continuous tape cartridges to enable printing of various styles and widths.
- Drop-tested and reinforced with molded-rubber impact bumpers for durability in the most demanding work environments.
- Passed shock and vibration testing per MIL-STD-810G Method 5.16.6 S4.6.5.
Brady BMP 21-PLUS Label Printer and Label Applications:
- Barcode Labeling.
- Cable & Wire Marking.
- Circuit Board Marking.
- Data Communications Labeling.
- Facility ID.
- General & Industrial ID.
- Healthcare ID.
- Industrial ID.
- Lean / 5S.
- Maintenance Labeling.
- Panel Labeling.
- Safety Labeling.
Brady BMP21-PLUS Label Printer Available Languages:
- English (US).
- French (France).
- Portuguese (Portugal).
- Spanish (Spain).
Brady BMP21-PLUS Portable Label Printer Includes:
- M21-750-499 Label Cartridge.
- Quick Start Quide.
Brady BMP 21-PLUS Portable Label Printer FAQs:
Can I print flag type labels for fiber patch cords?
Yes, you can print flag type labels for any diameter cable by specifying the size on the machine. The printer will then work out the total length of the label for you.
Does the BMP 21-PLUS Portable Label Printer have a warranty?
Yes, the BMP 21-PLUS Portable Label Printer has a 2-year warranty.
Where can I buy the BMP 21-PLUS Portable Label Printer?
You can buy the BMP 21-PLUS Portable Label Printer by clicking on the link above, or from sites like Megadepot and Amazon.
What are some BMP 21-PLUS Portable Label Printer alternatives?
- Brady BBP 33 Label Printer Kit for Slide Labels.
- Doran 63OPT23 Thermal Label Printer (Non Washdown) and Printer Cable.
- Brady BMP 21-LAB Portable Label Printer.
- Printek 93182 FieldPro 530 Label Printer w/o Battery.
- Printek 93184 FieldPro Label Printer w/o Battery.
Brady BMP 21-PLUS Portable Label Printer Reviews:
I bought a Brady BMP 21-Plus kit off eBay. It has a setting to do label flags. It works really well. My new boss has been using those zip-tie flags, and I am going to start swapping them out. Those are just asking for my finger tips to be cut up.
I've used the Brady BMP-21-PLUS for 7 years or so and love it. I've never had a label fade or peel off. The ink or whatever will rub off if it's in a location where it gets rubbed against all the time, but otherwise they're very durable.
I use the Brady BMP-21-PLUS, with self-laminating labels. You can make the text as long as you want, but are limited to lines based on font and tape size. 1” tape will get you two lines, and will self-lam on mic line and narrower Catx, but your text will not be readable from both sides of the wire. For speaker or shielded catx, you’ll need the 1.5” (which will do three lines, and the text will fully wrap on smaller wires). We standardize on the 1.5”.For the tapes, I order them from my local electrical supply (Westburne). The self-lams are never stocked, but regular tapes are. The kit including a case, power supply, and rechargeable battery is ~$250; tapes are $40-50 or so. EDIT: changed the tape sizes; I was incorrect in what we used.