Pros: No contracts.
Cons: Free plan comes without mobile support.
Bottomline: Abode is an excellent low-cost security system with a wide range of useful features.
Palo Alto, California
Number of Employees
2625 Middlefield Road #900, Palo Alto, CA
1 (650) 443-7834
News and & Activity:
News or Activity
July 16, 2019
How do you install Abode security system?
- Set up the main hub and connect it to your router.
- Download the Abode app on your phone.
- Connect your devices and sensors to the main hub.
- Give others in the house access to the system, if you'd like to.
Does Abode work without Internet?
Yes, but with limited functionality. All devices connected to the system will continue to function without an internet connection, but cloud integrations will not work.
Does Abode work with Nest?
How do you use the Abode key fob?
- Go to the Devices page and select the large plus (+) icon towards the top of the screen.
- On the Add Device screen, select the Other Devices tab at the top of the screen. This will open Pairing Mode.
- You will be notified that Your Gateway is in the Pairing Mode.
- Press any of the buttons on the key fob then release it.
- When the pairing signal is received, the gateway will make 2 beeps to confirm it has been accepted. The screen will then display the device information for selection.
Does Abode work with Google Home?
Yes, you can integrate Google Home with your Adobe security system to do things like arm and disarm your home, and ask Google whether your home is armed or not.
Reviewed: Dec 17, 2017
Best thing about Abode, it just works. You don't worry about false alarm charges (acoustic glass sensor is pretty sensitive - fork tossed in sink). Customize as you see fit. Plus, lots of automation. My alarm turns off when I turn on my street. It also chirps when my wife is almost home. I can check on kids by taking photos from every motion detector/camera in the home and dropping in with Echos.
Reviewed: Oct 27, 2017
Basically their customer support is non-existent and their product is sub-par.
Reviewed: Jul 31, 2019
I love my Abode system and will love it more when HomeKit support happens!